The Yuuguu service will be closing on 31st May. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for other available products.
1. Personal information
- (a) Account activity. You need a Yuuguu Account to access the Yuuguu downloadable client. Yuuguu asks for some personal information when you create a Yuuguu Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A Yuuguu Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
When you use the Yuuguu downloadable client, we may record information about your usage, such as when you use Yuuguu, the size of your contact list and the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers. Information displayed or clicked on in the Yuuguu interface (including UI elements, settings, and other information) is also recorded.
You do not need a Yuuguu Account to access the Yuuguu web based service. Yuuguu asks for some personal information when you use the web based service, including your email address, a password, a screen name and a 6 digit PIN code.
When you use the Yuuguu web based service we may record information about your usage, such as when you use Yuuguu, the people you communicate with and the frequency and size of data transfers, Information displayed or clicked on in the Yuuguu web based service interface (including UI elements, settings and other information) is also recorded.
- (b) Content. We will store the contents of text chats. These text chats are only stored when they all participants in the chat use the Yuuguu downloadable client.
- (c) Payment details. We do not store any of your financial details (eg credit card number). All our payment processing is performed by SagePay.
- (a) We use this information internally to deliver the best possible service to you, such as improving the Yuuguu user interface and maintaining a consistent and reliable user experience.
- (b) When you use Yuuguu, people included in your contact list may be able to see your online presence, username, Yuuguu address, and any information that you choose to add to your profile, including images, links, and custom status indicators.
- (c) We may relay content for users in some cases.
3. Your choices
- (a) You can change your Yuuguu account settings at any time in the "Preferences" section of the Yuuguu downloadable client. You may, for example, modify your online presence status or change your password through the user interface.
- (b) You can uninstall the Yuuguu software at any time through the "Add or Remove Programs" Control Panel. When you uninstall the software, Yuuguu and its copies of all items are deleted from your computer. Your other files and applications remain unaffected. You may delete your contacts information or chat histories you have stored in your Yuuguu account by sending an email to email@example.com. Because of the way we maintain this service, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies may remain on backup media.
Yuuguu is dedicated to the fundamentals of protecting your privacy. Personal information may be collected from our visitors on a voluntary basis. This may include name, e-mail address, address and telephone number.
The personal information retained may be used by us to process an enquiry and/or for communication of service related information.
The personal information retained may also be used for the communication of marketing related information with Yuuguu Account owners. Yuuguu Account owners can request that such communication be stopped by sending an email with the heading 'Unsubscribe' to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information retained may be used for the communication of marketing related information with users of the Yuuguu web based services provided that they have agreed to opt in to such use.
All information is protected by our security measures, which are reviewed regularly.